JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Mark 11:23 ??For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall SAY unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he SAITH shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he SAITH.?
The last phrase says: ?he shall have whatsoever he SAITH.? In other words, you can have whatever you SAYyou can have. Ther e is POWER in your WORDS! What you SAY is your FAITH SPEAKING! This works in a negative way just as it works in a positive way, as we see in the story of the 12 spies who were sent into Canaan to spy out the land. E.G: Numbers 13:17,18,25,27,28,30-32. Of the 12 spies that went into Canaan to search out the land, only two, Caleb and Joshua, were men of faith and vision. They said: ?Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.? The other 10 came back with a negative, fearful report of giants in the land. The Bible calls their report: ?an evil report.? Why? It was a report of doubt and fear. What, then, is a GOOD REPORT? A report of FAITH. The 10 fearful spies were in the majority, and the children of Israel accepted the Majority report. When they did, they were SAYING they couldn?t take the land. And they got exactly what they SAID. These spies and the rest of that generation of Israelites ? with the exception of Joshua and Caleb ? never saw the Promised Land. They believed they couldn?t take it, and they didn?t. They wandered in the Wilderness until they died. What they SAID, came to Pass! Theirs is an example of faith in reverse. Even when you doubt, you are believing ?something?! You are believing in defeat. You are believing in the wrong thing ? the Negative?
A Report of Faith - Numbers 14: 6-9
Notice the ?Good report? of Joshua and Caleb. Their trust was in the Lord, and their hearts were filled with faith that God was able to bring them into the land He had promised to their forefathers. Twice in verse 9 they admonished the people NOT to Fear. Fear is Faith in REVERSE. Fear is the opposite of Faith. What was the result of their report of FAITH? They were the only 2 men of their generation to enter the Promised Land. YOU CAN HAVE WHAT YOU SAY!
It wasn?t the giants of the land of Canaan who kept the children of Israel out. It wasn?t the giants who defeated them. If it had been the giants, they would have defeated Joshua and Caleb also. No, the people defeated THEMSELVES by their own wrong thinking and their own DECLARATION OF UNBELIEF. Caleb and Joshua SAID they were ABLE to overcome the giants . After 40 years of wandering in the wilderness, and after all the people of that generation who had accepted the ?evil report? of the 10 spies had died, Joshua became the people?s leader. He and Caleb led them to VICTORY! When Caleb came to Joshua and said: ?Give me this mountain,? Joshua looked back over the years and realized that their TALKING RIGHT had won them victory before. Wanting to ?locate? Caleb, he asked him if he were able to take the mountain. (Joshua wanted to HEAR Caleb?s CONFESSION of Faith.) He told Caleb that here were giants in the mountain. But Caleb, FULL OF FAITH, SAID that he was able to take it ? and he did take it. YOU CAN HAVE WHAT YOU SAY.
Whatever you talk about will INCREASE. What you think about becomes LARGER. Your mind and your MOUTH are magnifiers of anything you want to grow. You must discern the Joshua and Caleb nearest to you. Find the FAITH-FOOD. Listen for FAITH-TALK! Sit under it and listen and absorb. Something within you will GROW!
7 Ways how to nurture your FAITH-TALK:
1. Say what God wants to hear. ? FAITH-TALK is what God responds to favourably. Your WORDS affect God. Your PRAYERS Ignite God. Spend MORE time talking TO God!
2. Talk Expectations, Not Experiences. ? Do not drag yesterday into your future. Nurture the Photograph of Possibilities within your heart. Elijah gave the widow of Zarepath a picture of her potential. It stirred her expectations of a miracle Harvest in her life. (see 1 Kings 17)
3. Picture your Desired Future. ? Abraham had a picture of many generations of children he wanted to (see Genesis 17) Joseph had a dream of himself as a leader and he remembered it (see Genesis 37) Know God?s dream for your life. GET THE PICTURE. Big. BIGGER! Fill up your mind, heart and life with it. Now make that vision consume your life?every thought?every CONVERSATION?everything around you. IF YOU CAN SEE IT, YOU CAN HAVE IT! (Prov. 29:18)
4. Listen to mentors of Faith. ? Joshua learned under Moses. Timothy learned under Paul. Elisha learned under Elijah, etc? Observe successful lives carefully. Secrets will surface. Reasons and keys for success will emerge. (Hebrews 12:1)
5. Respect your Tongue. ? When God wanted to create the world?HE SPOKE! Words are CREATIVE FORCES that bring into existence that which never existed before. Your tongue is one of the greatest gifts placed at your command by God. Use it wisely and you will discover the key to life. (James 3:4,5) Proverbs 18:21 - ?Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.?
6. Pursue Faith-Food. ? What you read affects what you believe. When you feed the Scriptures into your spirit-man, faith comes alive and becomes a living force within you. Read the Bible. Read the books that stirs your faith in God. Nurture the Seed of Faith inside of you. Acorns become oak trees. (Romans 10:17)
7. Learn to Linger in the Presence of God - Those who surround you influence what you become. Something happens in the Presence of God that does not happen anywhere else. Commands take a moment. Plans take time. Linger long enough to HEAR HIS PLANS. Your views will change in His Presence. Your perceptions are corrected in His Presence. Your Faith explodes in His Presence. Spend MORE time with Him IN PRAYER. Jesus said: ?I ONLY SAY WHAT I HEAR MY FATHER SAY?? Wait on HIS VOICE?His instruction?BELIEVE IT?AND THEN SPEAK IT!!! (2 Cor.4:13)