JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Your attitude can determine your success
Everyone discusses attitude. You will hear a lot of statements such as, you need to keep a good attitude. You need a check up from the neck up and Your attitude will determine your altitude. These are more than just catchy phrases. They reveal an invisible awareness of the importance of your mood birthed by your focus.
Most people with wrong attitudes do not even realise they possess them. They use angry words, sarcasm, and cynicism to create a desired response from others.
Children learn to use wrong attitudes as weapons quite early in their life. Stomping their feet and screaming, a 2 year old can make a mother drop everything she is doing to respond and console an angry little baby boy. The game works. So, eventually in their lives, they begin to develop the opinion that their attitude of anger can produce a desired result.
Behaviour permitted becomes behaviour repeated.
So, each of us often develop our attitudes from childhood, right or wrong. You need to develop and practice a Blessing-Favour Attitude.
Important facts and keys you should know about Attitude:
1. Your Attitude is your behaviour or mood created by something you have chosen to focus on. It is a viewpoint, a state of mind toward something. We need to focus on the Blessing-Favour.
2. Your Attitude is more powerful than your gifts and talents. Attitude is a powerful force that either attracts others to you or moves them away from you. Many gifted and talented people never taste the rewards of their skills because their Attitude makes them undesirable to be near.
3. Your Attitude is the force that determines whether you multiply or decrease, grow or die, attract or repel the company of other successful people.
4. You are responsible for changing you own Attitude. That is why the Apostle Paul instructs us, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, to initiate changes (see Ephesians 4:28-31).
5. Your Attitude is the power tool used by God to reconstruct the circumstances around you. It minimizes the effect of negative things
6. Your Attitude can be an effective weapon for victory. Regardless of what satan throws at you, an Attitude of thanksgiving and praise will attract angels and demoralize demons assigned to abort your dreams and goals.
7. When you change your Attitude, you will change the world around you. That is why the Apostle Paul said that he had learned to be content and happy, regardless of the state or situation around him. His Attitude of rejoicing made the difference.
8. Any wrong Attitude is often communicated through your posture and even by the way you walk.
9. What you magnify in your mind is controlling your Attitude. If you meditate upon your own mistakes, you will become very discouraged and self-critical. Eventually that turns to an abnormal cynicism of others as well.
10. Your Attitude is attracting or repelling the right people into your life. Your Attitude determines what is coming towards you and what moves away from you.
11. Any wrong Attitude is a magnet for others of like rebellion and anger. Any wrong attitude is a current attracting the wrong people in your life.
12. Your Attitude can decide the entrance or exit of a miracle in your life.One thief went to hell, hanging next to Jesus on the cross. The other went to heaven. What was the difference? Attitude!
13. An Attitude of persistence can reverse the circumstances of your life in a moment. It happened to the blindman. He heard Jesus was coming. He cried out for mercy. They told him to be quiet. HE REFUSED! His incredible determination to receive what Jesus was capable of doing in His life created the miracle!
14. Your Attitude is determining whether your boss wants to give you a raise or terminate you.
15. Remembering the goodness of God keeps your Attitude corrected. It did for Paul And be ye kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christs sake hath forgiven you (Ephesians 4:32). When you remember how good God has been to you, it greatly influences your mood and conduct.
16. Recognizing the source of everything you have received will produce even more Blessing-Favour. (Psalm 84:11) YOU HAVE THE BLESSING-FAVOUR!
17. Correcting your focus is the first step toward correcting a wrong Attitude. If you look around, you will become critical. If you look back, you will develop a heart of regrets. But, when you look up, you will become joyful and excited about God.
18. What you look at the longest will become the strongest within you. Thought and talk magnify your moods. If you look at the weaknesses in others, that will become the obsession in every conversation. If you look at the good qualities of those you love you will become strong in your expression of love toward them.
19. You cannot change your Attitude until you change what you know. This is why the wisdom of God is so important. Study champions. Study their secrets. Absorb the Word of God until you become saying what God is saying.
20. Your Attitude is your greatest asset or your greatest burden to your life today. It is what is keeping you progressing and multiplying, or the terrible tyrant holding you back from your promotion.
21. Wrong Attitude creates a loss of friends, job opportunities and incredible moments of enthusiasm. The Scriptures instruct us about the tragic end of those who refuse to correct their Attitude. King Saul would not correct his Attitude and lost the throne to David. The envious Attitude of Ahab inspired his wife Jezebel to kill Naboth. It produced years of sorrow and heartache. Nebuchadnezzar became lifted up in pride. God turned him into the field as a wild beast for several years because of it.
22. Wrong Focus creates wrong Attitudes.
4 Important keys that can correct your wrong Attitude:
1. Meditate on the Word of God daily: Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee (Psalm 119:11). Jesus instructed, These things have I spoken unto you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full (John 15:11).
2. Surround your home and life with godly music that honours the Holy Spirit and attracts His presence. You see, music will affect your focus. He instructed us to come into His presence with singing, Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name (Psalm 100:4).
3. Pursue only goals and dreams approved by the Holy Spirit. That will make realistic schedules possible. Ecclesiastes 3:1 makes it clear, To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. A wise mans heart discerneth both time and judgment. Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great upon him (Ecclesiastes 8:5,6).
4. Insist on keeping your daily appointment with the Holy Spirit in the secret place where you meet with Him daily. He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty (Psalm 91:1). When you stay in His presence, your thoughts will change dramatically. One of the most important sayings of Scripture in the entire bible is Philippians 4:8,9, Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in Me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
When you change your Attitude, you will change your world, your joy and even your finances!