JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
To be the Lord’s Anointed is one of the greatest blessings a human being could ever have.
King David was Anointed as a youth. He had absolutely nothing that would qualify him for the great position he came to occupy.
The new thing in his life was the Anointing by Samuel. Going forward, he therefore attributed everything to the Anointing he had received.
He virtually changed his name and called himself “the Lord’s Anointed”. In his psalms and songs he always refers to himself as “the Lord’s Anointed”.
1. “Why do the nations assemble with commotion [uproar and confusion of voices], and why do the people imagine (meditate upon and devise) an empty scheme? The kings of the earth take their places; the rulers take counsel together against the Lord and His Anointed One (the Messiah, the Christ)” (Psalms 2:1-2) AMP.
People meet and take decisions against the Lord’s Anointed.
Their wicked schemes and idea’s against your life will amount to nothing because of the Anointing. That is why David asked why people even imagine such futile things.
What a blessing it is to be Anointed! All meetings that are held to plan and to take decision against your life will amount to nothing in Jesus’ name.
2. “…and He shows mercy and steadfast love to His Anointed…” (Psalms 18:50) AMP
A man of God is still a man. No matter how God uses you, you will need His mercy.
Because of the precious ointment on your life, you can expect the mercy of God when you fall into sin.
David was a human being and he fell into sin many times. But he knew that the Lord would show mercy to his Anointed. What a blessing it is to be Anointed.
3. “Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed…” (Psalm 20:6) AMP
King David fought many battles. Perhaps he had almost lost his life on many occasions and knew how easy it was to get killed. He himself said, that there is just a step between life and death.
“But David replied, Your father certainly knows that I have found favor in your eyes, and he thinks, Let not Jonathan know this, lest he be grieved. But truly as the Lord lives and as your soul lives, there is but a step between me and death” (Samuel 20:3).
David believed that it was the Anointing that had kept him from dying. Because you are the Lord’s Anointed, He will save you from sin and temptation. He will give you the upper hand in the day of crisis. He will save you from falling into the hands of those that hate you. The Anointed psalmist said, “Now I know that the Lord saves His Anointed.”
4. “You love righteousness, uprightness, and right standing with God and hate wickedness; therefore God, Your God, has Anointed You with the oil of gladness above Your fellows” (Psalm 45:7) AMP.
The Lord’s Anointed is a happy person. The Anointing makes you glad. All your sadness will be taken away because of the Anointing. What a joy it is to serve the Lord. The futility and emptiness of this life is taken away by the Anointing. Any reason for depression is taken away.
The Anointing is the oil of gladness.
5. “But my horn (emblem of excessive strength and stately grace) You have exalted like that of a wild ox; I am anointed with fresh oil” (Psalm 92:10) AMP.
Your horn being exalted speaks of God establishing you as a person of authority. The Anointing is what gives you spiritual authority. Men will obey you even unto death because of the authority God has given you. Without the Anointing your words will carry no power and no one will listen to you. With the Anointing even the little instructions will be obeyed.
Also see Ecclesiastes 9:8 & 10:1, Ruth 3:3 & Job 29:6
6. “My eye looks upon those who lie in wait for me; my ears hear the evildoers that rise up against me” (Psalm 92:11).
The Anointing opens your spiritual eyes. It gives you a new, fresh vision. It opens the eyes of your understanding – it give revelation knowledge (Ephesians 1:17). IF YOU CAN SEE IT, YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!
Your wishes for your enemies shall come to pass because of the Anointing. Those that torment you will be destroyed. You will see the end of those that hate you. You will hear of their funerals and burial services but you will live long and do the works of God.
The Anointing opens your spiritual ears so you can hear the voice of God. It is important to be OBEDIENT – only do what God tells you to do. Don’t listen to any other voice or influence.
7. “The [uncompromisingly] righteous shall flourish like the palm tree [be long-lived, stately, upright, useful, and fruitful]; they shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon [majestic, stable, durable, and incorruptible]” (Psalm 92:12).
The Anointing will make you increase and prosper in whatever you do. It is indeed the grace of God that causes a man to flourish when others just deteriorate. The palm tree has very long roots so it can therefore survive and flourish in the desert. The Anointed Christian can survive and flourish in the desert / dry times because of the Anointing.
When the Anointing is on you, your ministry will flourish everywhere. You may be in a small town but God will cause you to thrive. You may be in a poor city but because of the Anointing, you will flourish and prosper.
You may have been sent to a place of no earthly significance but because of the Palm tree Anointing you will still succeed and become fruitful.
“Planted in the house of the Lord, they shall flourish in the courts of our God” (Psalm 92:13).
You will flourish (to be abundantly blessed, overflow, more than enough, TOO MUCH!) in the courts of God.
If you move out of your calling, do not expect to flourish. When you leave the ministry, do not expect to flourish. God’s promise is for you to flourish within His courts.
8. “[Growing in grace] they shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be full of sap [of spiritual vitality] and [rich in the] verdure [of trust, love, and contentment]” (Psalm 92:14).
Growing in GRACE:
When you are the Lord’s Anointed, you will bring forth fruit even in your old age. God has designed all His creation to have a short season of fruitfulness. But even when the youthful season of fruitfulness is gone, the Anointing will cause you to thrive.
9. “Saying, Touch not My Anointed, and do My prophets no harm” (Psalm 105:15).
The Anointing creates an invisible covering and shield of protection.
Many people hate the Lord’s Anointed and criticize them.
When you are Anointed, people will discuss you and invest stories about you!
You will hear all kinds of things about yourself.
Perhaps it is a natural temptation to criticize the Lord’s Anointed, but God gives a very stern warning to all and sundry: Do not touch my Anointed!
Many there are who have discovered how dangerous it is to touch the Lord’s Anointed.
10. “There will I make a horn spring forth and bud for David; I have ordained and prepared a lamp for My anointed [fulfilling the promises of old]” (Psalm 132:17).
God has provided a special lamp which directs His Anointed.
This lamp will guide the Anointed person in the darkness of his life.
Expect special insight to the Word of God because of the Anointing that is on your life.