JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Isaiah prophesied of the coming of the Spirit of the Lord upon Jesus Christ the Messiah.
In one of the most beautiful chapters of the Bible, he outlines the powerful effects that the coming of the Spirit of God would have.
He declares that the Spirit of the Lord (the Anointing) would be upon Him and would make Him do certain things, and would also make certain things happen.
When the Anointing comes on you, it will also make you do certain things. The Anointing has a Purpose!
Let us look at 15 powerful effects of this Powerful Anointing as prophesied by the prophet Isaiah:
1. THE SPIRIT of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed and qualified me to preach the Gospel of good tidings to the meek, the poor, and afflicted Isaiah 61:1 AMP.
The Anointing will enable you to preach to the poor. That is the main purpose of the Anointing.
The Anointing empowers you with a Supernatural Boldness to share the Good news of the Gospel!
2. He has sent me to bind up and heal the brokenhearted Isaiah 61:1 AMP.
The Anointing in your life will cause you to heal broken-hearted and disappointed people.
Even though you may have no practical solutions for their problems, the Anointing will heal their broken and disappointed hearts.
3. to proclaim liberty to the [physical and spiritual] captives and the opening of the prison and of the eyes to those who are bound Isaiah 61:1 AMP.
The Anointing on your life will cause people that are bound to be set free. Many people are bound through the presence of evil spirits. Logical teaching and systematic lectures cannot open prison doors.
It is by the Anointing that freedom will come to those you minister to. The Anointing destroys yokes
4. to comfort all who mourn Isaiah 61:2 AMP.
Comforting people that are mourning is part of the ministry of the Holy Spirit. He is our Comforter
When you are Anointed, people will be encouraged by just seeing you! They will be encouraged when they hear you! They will be encouraged when you lay hands on them.
May people be encouraged and comforted when you speak or minister to them.
5. to give them an ornament (a garland or diadem) of beauty instead of ashes Isaiah 61:3 AMP.
The Anointing will restore your beauty and attractiveness.
Anointed people are beautiful.
Non-anointed people have to spend a lot of money to make themselves look good.
The Anointing will make you fresh, beautiful, and attractive.
The Anointing makes your face to shine with the brightness of Gods Glory you have a glorious glow!
6. the oil of joy instead of mourning, the garment [expressive] of praise instead of a heavy, burdened, and failing spirit Isaiah 61:3 AMP.
The Anointing will make you joyful. You become Anointed with the oil of Gladness Heb.1:9.
This is a reality. The joy of the Lord is your strength Neh 8:10.
The spirit of heaviness is the spirit of depression.
The feelings of depression (worthlessness, hopelessness and guilt) are not inspired by the Holy Spirit.
They are often demonic affectations. The joy of the Lord is the opposite of depression Prov.15:15.
When the Anointing is on your life, you will have joy, praise and thankfulness in your heart.
7. that they may be called oaks of righteousness [lofty, strong, and magnificent, distinguished for uprightness, justice, and right standing with God], the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified Isaiah 61:3 AMP.
The Anointing will cause you to be a righteous person. Righteousness and holiness are not things that are easy to practice. Most human beings are unable to gain control over their passions and human weaknesses. There are many ministers who boast of their moral uprightness. They secretly think it is their principles and respectable lifestyle that guarantee righteousness. It takes a depth of spiritual insight to realize that it is actually the Anointing that makes you a tree of righteousness. It only comes by the Grace of God!
8. And they shall rebuild the ancient ruins; they shall raise up the former desolations and renew the ruined cities, the devastations of many generations Isaiah 61:4 AMP.
The Anointing will enable you to build and to restore things.
You will have the ability to raise up foundations and establish the work of God.
You will have the ability to lay brick upon brick.
Because of the Anointing, you will take lives that are shattered and hopeless and make something out of them. It is indeed the Anointing that makes the difference.
9. Aliens shall stand [ready] and feed your flocks, and foreigners shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers Isaiah 61:5 AMP.
The Anointing will cause you to reach beyond your own country, your own tribe and nation.
Some people are international ministers and fathers. Others are simply ministers for their own country. Others are ministers for certain tribes and languages.
It takes the Anointing to reach beyond your borders and affect foreigners.
In the natural, people do not respond much to people who do not have their culture or accent, etc.
It takes the Anointing to break these barriers.
10. But you shall be called the priests of the Lord; people will speak of you as the ministers of our God Isaiah 61:6 AMP.
Because of the Anointing you will be a priest.
What an honour and privilege to be called a priest of the Lord.
What on earth could make someone like you or me have such an honourable and holy vocation?
Only the Anointing could do such a thing.
11. You shall eat the wealth of the nations, and the glory [once that of your captors] shall be yours Isaiah 61:6 AMP.
The Anointing attracts wealth. The riches and glory of the Gentiles speak of amazing wealth that comes to the Anointed.
No one should seek these riches nor the glory thereof.
What we must seek is God and the Anointing of the Holy Spirit.
However, it is simply a reality that the Anointing causes wealth to come into the hands of the Anointed.
12. Instead of your [former] shame you shall have a two-fold recompense; instead of dishonor and reproach [your people] shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore in their land they shall possess double [what they had forfeited]; everlasting joy shall be theirs Isaiah 61:7 AMP.
The Anointing removes the shame of your past. Many shameful men and women with an appalling and reprehensible past now stand behind pulpits on Sunday mornings.
The spirit of shame and disgrace is bound and they have become men and women of honour and even admiration. The Anointing removes confusion.
Confusion is a spirit that harasses good people who try to serve the Lord.
Confusion is ministered through powerful accusations that sound true.
As the Anointing comes upon you, shame and confusion depart.
13. And their offspring shall be known among the nations and their descendants among the peoples. All who see them [in their prosperity] will recognize and acknowledge that they are the people whom the Lord has blessed Isaiah 61:9 AMP.
The Anointing will cause your children and descendants to be blessed.
Throughout the Bible, it is clear that Gods power affects the descendants of the Anointed.
Make a demand on the Anointing and expect your children to be helped because of the Anointing on your life.
14. I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul will exult in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels Isaiah 61:10 AMP.
The Anointing will clothe you with garments of salvation. An Anointed person is greatly concerned about salvation. He understands salvation. He marvels at salvation. He speaks about salvation. He preaches salvation and he ministers for people to be saved.
When the Anointing is departed, the garment of salvation is removed and salvation is no longer a priority in the ministry.
In the book of Acts, the sign of the presence of the Holy Spirit was that the disciples would be empowered to be witnesses of Christ and His salvation.
Truly, the absence of the Holy Spirit changes the church dramatically and makes it a place where salvation does not occur.
15. For as [surely as] the earth brings forth its shoots, and as a garden causes what is sown in it to spring forth, so [surely] the Lord God will cause rightness and justice and praise to spring forth before all the nations [through the self-fulfilling power of His word] Isaiah 61:11 AMP.
The Anointing will cause righteousness to increase in the world. The Anointing will cause praise to be offered to the Lord in many nations. It is only the Anointing of the Holy Spirit that can bring about the formation of churches and congregations who lift up the name of the Lord regularly.